If you or a loved one is out of work with a spinal cord or back injury, you may be looking for answers:

  • How do I apply for Workers' Comp?
  • Am I eligible for Social Security Disability benefits?
  • What should I do if my claim is denied?
  • Can a lawyer help me get paid faster?

We can help to ease your financial burdens by securing the compensation your family deserves.

Brian Mittman - Free Consultation

Free Consultation (877) 996-5837

Serious back injuries are expensive; they require serious compensation.

— Brian Mittman, Esq.

According to the American Chiropractic Association, lower back pain is the number one leading cause of disability in the world today. Back injuries vary in severity, ranging from moderate acute back pain which could result in a few days away from the workplace, to full-blown disability and paralysis which could prevent an employee from ever working again.

We understand the difficulties workers face while recovering from a back or spinal cord injury. If you're in this situation, you may be worried about how you'll handle medical expenses and other bills while away from work or if you'll ever be able to return to your job at all.

Rest assured that you are entitled to financial assistance from Workers' Compensation, and possibly Social Security Disability if your injuries are severe enough to keep you out of work for a year or more.

Costs Of Spinal Cord Injuries

Spinal cord injuries often require long-term treatment which can be extremely costly. According to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, first year treatment costs range between $347,484 for incomplete motor function to over $1 million for high tetraplegia. In each subsequent year, costs range from about $42,000 to just under $185,000.

Needless to say, these costs are unmanageable without the aid of financial compensation. Victims of these injuries are suffering enough emotionally and physically - they should at least be spared the financial stress of dealing with various financial expenses while away from work.


Blank Form (#3)

Free Consultations 24/7

(877) 996-5837

How Do I Receive Compensation?spinal cord injury xray

When filing a claim for a spinal cord or back injury, it's very important to provide detailed medical evidence. After a work injury, you should make sure to notify your employer, file a report, and seek medical care as soon as you can.

MRI's and other diagnostic testing can be valuable if they show physical evidence of damage to your back. A doctor can also have you undergo functional capacity tests to evaluate if your injuries are physically impairing.

An attorney who specializes in work injury claims can help you compile all of the evidence you need and present it to the court. Legal counsel is often necessary in order to receive claims in a timely manner without disputes from employers or insurance companies.

An experienced work injury lawyer can help you determine if you're eligible for a personal injury claim against a negligent third party who was liable for your injury. For example, you could have a claim if you injured your spinal cord while working construction if an independent contractor directly caused your injury.

Other Types Of Back Injuries

Workplace back injuries can be broken into two categories:

  • acute injuries which occur suddenly and last between three to six weeks. For example, a back injury from slipping and falling onto a hard concrete floor.
  • chronic injuries which slowly accumulate over time due to repetitive motions or improper lifting methods. For example, a nurse who slowly develops persistent back pain which lasts for several years because of frequently lifting and carrying heavy patients.

To be more specific, common work-related back injuries which require financial compensation include:

  • Lower back strains
  • Fractured vertebrae
  • Pinched nerves
  • Herniated, bulging, or slipped discs

Both acute and chronic back pain are covered by Workers' Compensation benefits. A worker who hurts her back falling onto a hard floor is entitled to the same benefits as a worker who has slowly acquired chronic back pain after many years of strenuous labor.

High-Risk Industries

Although workers in all types of industries can and do develop back and spinal cord injuries, some occupations are at a higher risk than others. Clearly, those spinal column young manworkers who frequently must lift, push, pull, and carry heavy objects are at the highest risk of these injuries. We frequently help injured workers in the following industries file claims for back and spinal cord injuries:

  • Construction
  • Warehouse distribution
  • Nursing and healthcare
  • Dentists and surgeons
  • Landscapers and gardeners
  • Police officers
  • Firefighters
  • Farmworkers
  • Delivery drivers and transportation workers
  • Auto mechanics

Don't hesitate to consider a claim for Workers' Comp or Social Security Disability if your occupation isn't listed here. If you're one of the estimated 50% of Americans who experience back pain each year, you should meet with your doctor to discuss possible causes.

Extra Information

Monheit Law Montgomery County Office 215-866-2018

Directions to our Montgomery County Injury Law Office

1368 Barrowdale Road, Jenkintown, PA 19046

4V4Q+FM Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
Open 24 hours
Spinal cord work injury attorney Jenkintown
Civil law attorney
Employment attorney
Law firm
Social security attorney

Monheit Law South Philly Office 215-302-0095

Directions to our South Philly Injury Law Office

2332 S Broad St, #4417 Philadelphia, PA 19145

WRCH+CP Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Open 24 hours
Spinal cord work injury attorney South Philly
Civil law attorney
Employment attorney
Law firm
Social security attorney