In Philadelphia and the surrounding areas, there are accidents each week in which innocent people are injured or killed. Many of these accidents could have been prevented yet unfortunately, they were caused by the negligence of another. This week our accident report will detail some of the biggest accidents to have made headlines in the Philadelphia area. If you or a loved one have been injured in a preventable car, work, construction, or other types of accident due to negligence, our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers can help give you the support you need. Contact us to learn about your legal options in a free consultation today.

Fatal New Jersey Car Crash In Camden County

On Wednesday, July 25, a car in Berlin, Camden County occurred on White Horse Pike around 5 pm. According to police, it appeared to that two vehicles were coming from two different directions and one went into oncoming traffic. Both of the vehicles ended up in the eastbound lanes and then about a mile of White Horse Pike was closed for several hours. Police reported that there were 2 fatalities and two people were injured in the accident. The fatal victims were 22-years-old and 25-years-old and were traveling in a Honda which sustained heavy damage. The two injured victims were a 62-years-old woman and a 76-years-old woman who were treated at Cooper University Hospital. The crash is under investigation.

Minivan Crashes Into Police Vehicle In Philadelphia

According to police, an unlicensed driver was driving a minivan around 2 am on Monday in the Juniata section of Philadelphia. Two police officers were on routine patrol when the minivan crashed into the passenger side if their vehicle at K Street and East Erie Avenue. The van then crashed into a light pole. The officers were not seriously injured.

Accident In Southwest Philadelphia Leaves Van On SEPTA Tracks

On Tuesday, July 24, a van crashed at 49th Street and Kingsessing Avenue around 7:30 am near the 49th Street Station. A van that was involved in the crash went off the road and landed on SEPTA tracks. The driver of the van is in stable condition after being helped out of the vehicle by a bystander and then taken to the hospital. The Media/Elwyn Regional Rail line was suspended for about 3 hours due to the accident and a crane was brought in to remove the vehicle from the tracks.