For generations, families have been visiting Linvilla Orchards in Media for fresh produce, educational activities, and unique entertainment options. Kids go here with their parents, and bring their own children here once they grow up and become parents themselves. The 300-acre family farm is a Delaware County treasure and a truly enriching environment with something for the whole family. Our Delaware County personal injury lawyers love taking trips here with our families on the weekends. A handful of the reasons why we think Linvilla Orchards is so great include:
Linville Orchards hosts a ton of fun and educational family events throughout the year, some seasonal and some permanent. Some highlights include:
Indoor Mini Golf
This mini-golf course is about so much more than golf. Entitled “Fore! The Planet”, this is an interacting museum exhibit curated by Philadelphia’s Academy of Natural Sciences. While your family enjoys all of the fun of a normal game of miniature golf, you’ll also learn about important environmental topics at each of the 18 holes, including how caterpillars transform into butterflies, the tropical rainforest, food chains, evolution, dinosaur extinction, and much more.
The staff at Linvilla Orchards help others appreciate their passion for gardening, farming, building, teaching, and more through a variety of classes, both for children and adults. A few of the many subjects covered here include:
- Story Time & Craft – Primarily designed for pre-schoolers, this class is held every Tuesday and features Miss Marcia reading a story about nature, including gardens, farming, and animals. Your little ones are also shown how to make their own craft.
- Cooking with Judi – This monthly class is themed for the season and teaches participants how to create a full meal, including appetizers, main courses, and desserts using seasonal ingredients.
- Build Your Own Fairy Garden – This is the most popular class at Linvilla Orchards. Learn how to build your own terrarium, complete with provided supplies. Choose your own container, plants, and accessories (bring your own) to create a miniature garden that’s all your own.
Pick Your Own Produce
While it may be too cold to pick your own produce in the winter, we highly recommend a trip to Linvilla Orchards for this fun family activity in the spring, summer, or early fall. Some of the items you can pick during the warmer months of the year include:
- Cut Your Own Christmas Tree
- Yellow Squash
- Sweet Corn
There are so many delicious treats at Lanvilla Orchards, including produce, baked goods, gourmet items, dairy, and so much more. Some of our personal favorites include:
- Produce – Farm-grown apples, apricots, blackberries, blueberries, bell peppers, rhubarb, and beefsteak tomatoes are just a few of our favorites.
- Baked Goods – Linvilla is famous for their homemade pies, including Dutch Apple Crumb, Pumpkin, Coconut Custard, Sweet Potato Crunch, Chocolate Shoo-Fly, and dozens of others.
- Gourmet Items – Linvilla stocks all kinds of gourmet items to use in your own cooking, including unique hot sauces, pastas, pickled vegetables, cheeses, jellies, jams, and much more.
- Dairy – Linvilla is partners with a few dairy producers in the area, and sells these premium-quality products at their orchards. This includes hormone-free milk from grass-fed cows through Baily’s Dairy of Pocopson Meadowbrook Farm, old-fashioned hand-dipped ice cream from Nelson’s Dutch Ice Cream, and farm-fresh eggs, real dairy whipped cream, sour cream, and butter from Rosenberger’s.
Like the other parts of Linvilla Orchards, the Garden Center uses all of the latest environmentally-friendly technology to produce their plants ethically. Here, you can find a wide range of plants, trees, garden tools, decor, and more, including:
- Fruit trees